Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sushi, candy & clowns (and books)

i'm sorry, what do you want me to do?

I didn't drown in queso. I did, however, have some pretty spectacular sushi. Sushi is different here. Shrimp is pretty much standard in all the basic rolls, instead of crab. I don't eat shrimp, but we figured it out. It was a good night. Caden had a good time, again, at Luis' house....and is going back again this evening.



 Was super excited to receive our first book donation, from a wonderful woman named Margaret, who lives in Mexico City. She doesn't even know me, but is keeping up with my blog, and sent two boxes of books. The kids were beyond excited. Thank you, Margaret. You made our week.





cheap labor
We moved yesterday, from the campus that is literally within a two minute walk from my house, to the new campus, which is about a 20 minute drive. It was a long day, and I was impressed with all the kids who showed up to help. I appreciate that the school has been wanting a new building for years, but I really prefer the older building. It's more open, and it just has so much character. (That was also my frame of thought when I bought my 1940's house in Texas, which was a money pit.)

new digs
This is Lidu, my partner in crime

Also got a box of goodies from Texas, that included lamps, candy, toys (Caden cried), mugs and magnets for the fridge. Thank you, Matt.





yes please


And to end this post, I want to address the clown situation, here. It's slightly out of hand. On the street corners, in the grocery stores. Outside my window. I could do without the clowns.






4 comments:

  1. Good to know I can utilize my skills as a juggler if I ever need to go south of the border.

    And you're right, old things have way more flavor even if they are a bitch to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you come, bring more lamps, please. Can never have too many.

      Delete
  2. I'm fairly impressed that I could translate that fortune cookie by memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot and I just bought the DVD "it" and I was going to mail it to you. Now Im going to have to take it back. Seriously tho I dont know what you have. Do you even have a DVD Player? A TV? I was thinking about buying Caden a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas and a years worth of Netflix so he could keep up with American kid programing and movies. Also I think if I give you my Seattle library card number and password he can just go there now that you are online and check out up to 25 books at a time on the kindle. You could also catch a American TV show or movie if you can get it out of his hands. I checked to see If Netflix would stream on the kindle in Mexico and Im pretty sure if I get him a years worth of high speed VOI he can stream anything but maybe not on a kindle. I will figure out if it can be done and work well. If so That was going to be his gift if you think he would like it.How is your electronic situation there. Does your laptop have any problems using American entertainment sites. Im clueless and you have not emailed me"LIKE I ASKED YOU TO" yelling I wasnt yelling and let me know in detail what you have, dont have and what will work there. I'm not sending you a lamp. Can you order that stuff online from Amazon. com and have them send it to you? . I could get you a amazon .com gift card and then you could purchase whatever will work? Email me please and give me the scoop. Love from your mother Elizabeth spongebobsqueeze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by!