Monday, September 16, 2013

We survived our first Mexican Independence Day. Barely.





oh, hey debris. what's up?

Viva MEXICO. Mexicans do NOT mess around with their Independence Day festivities. I live so close to the center of town, it was like they were partying in my living room. I videoed it because I was so blown away (LITERALLY) that mi mijo was sleeping through it. The walls were shaking, windows rattling, people cheering, screaming, and debris from the fireworks splattered our building. PIECES OF OUR BUILDING FELL OFF.



FELL OFF.


It all abruptly ended at about one in the morning. So sleep eventually came. Woke to another rainy day. The rains from the hurricanes are drowning my little city. Caden and I went on an adventure to find some eggs to make chocolate chip cookies. The market that is close to our house was out, so we wandered a bit, with our umbrellas, trying to stay decently dry. The drainage system here in Durango is....well. There isn't one. The water just rises.









I look good. GOOD.
 So as we were waiting to cross the street at one point, standing as far back as possible, the majority of drivers were very considerate and pulled away as they neared us, as not to splash us. One who was already in the far lane, well, he had a different idea. He actually swerved towards us and stepped on the gas so he could splash us, on purpose. Like you've seen on cartoons and movies. And everyone laughs. It's soooo funny. But it's not, really.















Anyway. Long story short. Pearl brought us eggs. Little dude and I made cookies. After I washed the mud, motor oil, and grime from my hair. Viva.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by!