Saturday, September 21, 2013

Tuna


Just use Best Foods real mayonnaise, they said. It'll taste the same, they said. It'll be fine, they said.

They lied. Although Best Foods and Hellmann's are owned by the same company, and touted as having the exact same recipe, there is a distinctive difference in taste. Best Foods is sour. The Mexican version, McCormick's aderezo de mayonesa is clearly Miracle Whip. Gag.

Now, I can find Hellmann's in Soriana and Walmart, but they add lime to it. Lime is in everything here. Guess who isn't a big fan of lime?

On the plus side, the tuna is fabulous, and I found sweet pickles. Two out of three ain't bad. And the Best Foods will do for now.




1 comment:

  1. Just put lots of sweet onions in it . The key to perfect tuna is tons of onions finely chopped and claussens bread and butter pickles in big chunks.Slabs of pickles. then it no longer matters what the tuna is like unless its catfood and the mayonnaise can even taste just like the huge funky tasting jar of best foods mayonnaise with extra virgin olive oil i just bought thinking I had tasted it before and it was good. I do not understand how extra virgin olive oil can make something taste so much like salad dressing.Christ I thought extra virgin was practicly tasteless Yuck! Very oddly sour in a not bread and butter pickle way..Anyway I just added extra onions and my problem was solved. Love you, your mother Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by!