I spied on him at lunch, and he was running around, laughing and playing with his new friends.
I had a good day with my kiddos. They are teaching me new words and phrases, every day. The word of the day today was 'tocino' and the phrase was "Me gustaría tocino, por favor." They are funny little dudes.
We put together our ISNs, which are interactive student notebooks. I was planning a diagnostic test for them for tomorrow but haven't been able to piece it together yet, to get the copies made. Jo is shipping me a few boxes of some of my teaching resources. I can't wait to get them.
I wanted to work late this evening, but when I went to the lounge to print some master copies, it was locked up and shut down at 4. So I just headed home. Jolene is only here for a few more days, so it didn't bother me too much to go home. I'm not sure how things all work yet, but I hope it's open over the weekend so I can get plans done and lessons made. Although with Jolene leaving early Saturday morning, Caden will be super bored up at the school with me. But he's used to that from last year.
Thursday is open house and Friday is Fiesta Day, and I think, only a half-day of classes, and the rest of the day, celebrations for Mexican Independence Day. It's a 3 day weekend. I wish Jolene were staying through it, but I guess it's time to get used to how the rest of the year is really going to be. Who will be our next visitor??
Joseph, my director, had my phone fixed today. I can't really use facetime though, until I have wifi at home. And the school is arranging for internet to be hooked up at my apartment, as well. I'm able to text you if you have an iphone, and I've actually been able to send and receive messages from some who don't. I'm not sure why it works for some and not others. However, there is an app called "Whatsapp" and it makes it so that you can text me here in Mexico and I can text you, without incurring any extra fees. It's free. Download it.
| Well. This is different. |
| the school gave me a laundry basket. pretty excited. |
Sounds like things are starting to look up and you both are beginning to relax a little bit into the adventure. Your students sound like they actually are interested in learning.I would think that alone would keep the teacher turnover low? Seems like Jolene has been a god send. Maybe you and Caden should get together and clean house. What a shame if her passport and visa should be lost somehow in the new move as things so often are. Lol. I am loving your blog good and bad. you write so well. Very visually. Thank you for taking all the time to share your adventures. Love to you both from your mother, Elizabeth
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear things are improving. :hugs to both of y'all, and high fives, lots of high fives:
ReplyDelete