Tuesday, July 16, 2013

change of....everything?

bittersweet.
I haven’t posted anything lately in large part because I haven’t had anything to post.   Was really busy in June with summer school and packing up the house, and getting it ready for the new owners. Am so grateful that it sold.  Other plans have been gradually changing, in small ways. The biggest change was that I decided to sell my car, instead of store it with a friend, as I realized that the pesos I’d be making next year wouldn’t support a 400 dollar a month car payment. And because of that, no Seattle/ Port Angeles trip for me this summer. Couldn't afford the plane ticket. That’s been a little tough. This is the first time in years I haven’t spent my summer up north with family.
bye bye, house


We are still waiting for Caden's passport. Cannot move forward or do anything until it gets here, and time is slowly creeping away. I'm starting to worry a bit that Mexico might not happen. Our tickets are for the 7th and there's no way that we'll get all his documentation in time- get his passport sent to immigration, his birth certificate authenticated by the Secretary of State (his bc is currently in the hands of the passport office) and apply for and obtain our visas by the time we are supposed to board the plane. Our tickets are non-refundable. And they were super pricey, close to 900. May not have the funds to be able to buy new.

We'll see.





7 comments:

  1. Maybe this is a sigh since your son has been telling most of his family he does not want to go to Mexico??? I know you want to travel and that's great but maybe you should think about caden once you have children they need to come 1ST... JUST A THOUGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who posts as anonymous? What a rude and pathetic piece of jibberish. You couldn't just call Lauren and be honest with your concerns? This is a classic example of passive aggressive bull... Next time, try the front door. Aunt Teri

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the parenting advice, Anonymous. If you know anything about me, which I'm assuming you do, you'd know that Caden is and has always been my priority. But he is a seven-year-old little boy. Caden also doesn't want to brush his teeth at night or take baths. Or go to school when it's rainy. I don't think I'm going to leave our major life decisions up to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Lauren--if I were you, I'd do exactly what Anonymous says. I've always found that chicken shit people who can't voice their personal concerns in private to be awesome advisors and parents themselves. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about the life lessons Caden will learn.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that because teeth are important for good health and he would look stupid without them. I have a brilliant idea! Why don't you send the little trouper up here for the rest of the summer and part of the school year. He could get to know his grandmother and great grandmother better. If he didn't want to stay with two old lady's for part of the year I'm certain that your blood is really thick and best friend cousin would just be delighted to put him up. Then I could go over daily after school and make sure none of his homework is done and teach him all my bad habits. Pot will soon be sold legally here maybe grandma will teach him how to make hash! Just kidding I have no idea how to make hash, but I can teach him ...some other stuff. If the passport thing gets old we could always reapply at a over night passport place in Seattle. Then after maybe a school quarter here we could ship him off to you. I'm sure I can at least be very helpful with the price of another ticket to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that sounds like a fabulous idea. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet. Maybe he'll stay with his Dad for the first few weeks of school, up in Portland. Who knows. Still processing. Hell, maybe I'll get moved off the waiting list at UW and go get my master's degree. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. Wow this was what all the hype was about?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by!