Last Monday was our first day at the new campus. We had an
opening ceremony that involved balloons, a priest, and parents. I
couldn't take pictures though, because I was in charge of my kiddos,
and I was holding onto a bunch of balloons that I was terrified would
float away if I tried to take any. Funny side note- my
principal, who is about my age, is obsessed with birds. He goes bird watching. He takes
students bird watching. He stopped in the middle of his speech
because he got side tracked by some hawk, or humming bird,
something ... could've been a bat, off in the distance, and directed
everyone's attention to it. It was quite comical.There are lots of pros and cons with the new campus, and kinks that need to be worked out. (No copier/ printer or library, what?!?) But I mean, the building is pretty and more modern, I guess. I don't know. I prefer the old campus.
We did get lots of goodies last week, besides our new roommates. The books I ordered from www.betterworldbooks.com came in, and it was like Christmas in my classroom. My brother, Chris (the one in Afghanistan) also sent us the Beautiful Creature series. One kiddo, Hector, was overjoyed. He hugged me and said my brother was the best. I'm not saying I agreed with him, but I didn't disagree, either.
| Thanks, Grandma! |
Randi, my friend who sent the kitchen ware, also sent Caden the rest of the Shadow Children series, and he was beyond excited. The book nerd in me turned all warm and fuzzy, watching him curl up with his new books at bedtime. Grandma Donna also sent Caden some toys, so he definitely had a good week.
| spices from cindy. for the cooking in my |
| that's what she said |
The weekend was fairly uneventful. Caden went home with Luis again on Friday night. Those two are quickly becoming inseparable. It's nice to see Caden overcoming his reservations and blossoming in his new friendship. Definitely makes me have better days. There were, as always, festivities going on downtown. I think the city is celebrating it's 450th birthday, and we wandered around downtown, through a little market. Saw a lot of my roommate's cousins.
| Some Indians. No big deal. Thought I was all ninja-like, taking this picture, until I zoomed in and saw them staring at me. |
I've got a knack for titles..
ReplyDeleteI am impressed by the desire of those kids to read. My son loves reading and it amazes me. At 9 years old reading was the furthest thing from my mind, I was a trouble maker not a book worm, that came later. Books are the greatest way to open a mind, it's cool you do what you do. Mad props.
Wheeee!
ReplyDeleteWheeee!
ReplyDelete