Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's happening? Are we there yet?

Not much, and not yet. After contemplating jobs all over the world, I've just officially accepted a teaching position in Durango, Mexico. The runner-up was a sweet little gig in South Korea, but after carefully, and exhaustingly considering and weighing all the factors, I have decided that Durango is the best place for us, next year. I was connected to the school through Teacher Horizons, and I highly recommend them if you're looking for teaching adventures outside the US. (www.teacherhorizons.com) Alex is my recruiter and was invaluable, with his wealth of knowledge, advice and support. I can't mention that without also mentioning another recruiter, Kari at Teach ESL Korea ( http://www.teacheslkorea.com/) . She was unbelievably helpful and supportive, and connected me with some pretty incredible opportunities in Korea. If you're yearning for Korea, use her.

So the next couple of months will be very busy. I am road-tripping up to Seattle at the end of June and plan on spending a month there. Am leaving my car with a friend and then flying back down to Houston to spend some time with my folks, before Caden and I head to Durango, which will be sometime in the first week of August.

I’ve researched the state of Durango quite extensively and am very excited about this adventure. The school is providing us with an apartment in the city, and I expect you to come visit us, at some point. It’s a few hours drive from the beach in Mazatlan, and the city of Durango itself seems quite interesting.

So as these are the beginning stages, I won’t have a whole lot to post just yet. I have to obtain a passport for Caden and look into gathering my documents for my work visa. I can't wait to eat lots of cheese.

Adios


 
Viva la Mexico! This will be our new home.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you stopped by!