Thursday, April 3, 2014

Road trip, Day 4



Today was an excellent driving day. I was originally supposed to drive into Portland today, but after yesterday, I decided to take it easy, slow down, and enjoy it for a minute. I looked at the route and Crescent City was only a 5ish hour drive north, so I found a cheap beach motel and made a leisurely drive there. Today was a day for sights. Honestly, the northern California coast, north of San Francisco, beats anything I’ve seen thus far. I started the day with coffee on Glass Beach, in Fort Bragg. Ending it now, sitting on the back porch of this cool, old hotel on the beach in Crescent City, California, listening to the waves, drinking cheap red wine from a plastic dixie cup and trying to unwind from the last 4 days of driving.

There are so many random, cool little towns on the coast and situated in little nooks and crannies in the vast expanse of mountainous forests. I'd think I was in the middle of nowhere, and I was, but I'd come across a random little winery, and pub, with a few cars parked outside and smoke drifting up from the chimneys.



Fort Bragg, CA


Glass Beach


coastal driving beats everything
started in a tank top.
not ending in one.

Northern CA
Loleta, CA
A real tree house,
Garberville, CA





my digs tonight

the view isn't too shabby



Crescent City, CA 

 decent thai, cheap wine, and a beach. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just read your whole blog!!! I am so sorry to hear about everything that happened at that school!!!

    I'm starting to wonder if there are any stable schools out there? I've worked at many schools, but most seem to lack strong admin, among other problems.

    Hope this next chapter of your life is amazing!!!!,

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you stopped by!